The most common cause for disconnects in game that we come across is data loss or latency on the connection. As such, if you’re experiencing disconnects from the game we recommend you first try to connect on a different network (if possible) in order to rule out the possibility that this is the cause.
If you were successful in connecting on another network without experiencing any disconnects, we recommend you attempt to bypass your router and connect directly to your modem as a temporary troubleshooting step in an effort to rule out potential router problems. For assistance with this, please reference the KB article referring to this procedure here.
Disconnects can sometimes be caused by 3rd party programs interfering with the game client. If you experienced the same amount of disconnects on a separate network we recommend you try disabling all 3rd party programs to see if it has any effect on your issue. For instructions on how to do this please reference the KB article here
Disable AV/FW Software
We’ve also seen an array of security software interfere with the in-game connection as a cause for lag. If you were unsuccessful with the MSCONFIG procedure, we suggest temporarily disabling or even removing security software to see if it has any effect on the issue. We do not, however, recommend running your machine without a security application. Please only disable or remove security software as a temporary troubleshooting step.
Basic Troubleshooting steps:
Many issues with disconnections or lag can be resolved by simple troubleshooting. Please try doing the following:
- Try resetting your network devices (eg., router, modem)
- Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts. If you’re not sure how to do this, you may refer to this KB here.
- Update your drivers.
- If you're using a wireless connection, you may also want to try using a wired connection to rule out issues with your wireless setup.
- Ensure you have the most current updates installed for the OS (operating system) you are using.
- Disable any proxies that you are currently using.
Open a Technical Support Request
If none of these steps were helpful to you please open a support request with the Technical Support department. We recommend that first you run a DXDIAG [Insert Hyperlink] and attach those results to your support ticket.